Want to buy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drewcrew

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I need to buy the wiring and "plug-ins" for the driver door of my truck. It's a 1991 Chev regular cab with power windows and power locks so it has three switches. The previous owner had the door panel off for some reason and screwed it up. I've got it to where the switches all work by holding it to the back of the switches with a hot glue gun. He broke the tabs off so it wouldn't click on. I don't need the part of the switch you can see just the wiring and the part that snap on the back. The more wire the better. Thanks

Dubs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Try Rock Auto. I've found some misc. pig tails on there. I haven't looked for the window switch socket but worth a try.

drewcrew

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Try Rock Auto. I've found some misc. pig tails on there. I haven't looked for the window switch socket but worth a try.
Thanks for the reply and idea. And thanks for calling them pig tails. I could not remember they were called pig tails.

arrg

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't. It was about 2 years ago, but sometimes those kinds of things pop up on ebay.

I need to buy the wiring and "plug-ins" for the driver door of my truck. It's a 1991 Chev regular cab with power windows and power locks so it has three switches. The previous owner had the door panel off for some reason and screwed it up. I've got it to where the switches all work by holding it to the back of the switches with a hot glue gun. He broke the tabs off so it wouldn't click on. I don't need the part of the switch you can see just the wiring and the part that snap on the back. The more wire the better. Thanks

So, I thought I'd throw this out there. I have an 88 so mine may go together differently than a 91, but on mine, the plastic connectors on the wire harness slide into the plastic switch plate, and then the switches snap into the switch plate from the front. The switches and the plastic connectors don't snap together. If that doesn't help, here's another tip: If your wire harness is intact and only the plastic connectors are bad, go to your favorite pick and pull with a good set of wire cutters and just cut the connectors off a junker. It is way easier to swap the wires from your harness into a new connector than it is to fish a new harness through the door and that rubber boot in the jamb.

drewcrew

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't. It was about 2 years ago, but sometimes those kinds of things pop up on ebay.

So, I thought I'd throw this out there. I have an 88 so mine may go together differently than a 91, but on mine, the plastic connectors on the wire harness slide into the plastic switch plate, and then the switches snap into the switch plate from the front. The switches and the plastic connectors don't snap together. If that doesn't help, here's another tip: If your wire harness is intact and only the plastic connectors are bad, go to your favorite pick and pull with a good set of wire cutters and just cut the connectors off a junker. It is way easier to swap the wires from your harness into a new connector than it is to fish a new harness through the door and that rubber boot in the jamb.
I had it apart last year to put in the power window motor and that's when I saw it was messed up. I don't remember exactly how it went together. I'll be heading to a junk yard and do what you said. Thanks