Vortec intake manifold

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
attachment.php

attachment.php

Anyone done any work inside your intake manifold? I am going to replace the intake manifold gaskets before they start to leak, so I blasted up a spare intake and spent a few hours removing casting flash and blending the transitions inside.

Going to give it a final bead blast and wash before epoxy primer and paint. I have a bunch of stuff on the list to get yet for the job, going to replace the injector assembly with the MFI piece, FelPro gaskets, and a new EGR tube... any experience with the aftermarket EGR tube, or would it be best to get an OEM one?

Also thinking of getting the Taylor Vmax spacer later on down the road.

Attachments

• DSCN2057.jpg
    DSCN2057.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 316
  • DSCN2061.jpg
    DSCN2061.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 317

VorTecxas

American Nightmare
Reaction score
Personally I would plug the EGR, I don't like exhaust being fed into my intake. If you can afford it right now, a tune would do wonders and you could have it tuned out. If you prefer to keep your EGR, I would go with the OEM tube since it seems like you're pretty much stock.
Are you talking about manifold spacers or a throttle body spacer?

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
Personally I would plug the EGR, I don't like exhaust being fed into my intake. If you can afford it right now, a tune would do wonders and you could have it tuned out. If you prefer to keep your EGR, I would go with the OEM tube since it seems like you're pretty much stock.
Are you talking about manifold spacers or a throttle body spacer?

If I were going with a tune, it would be after a computer swap, and I plan on keeping the EGR. I was talking about the manifold spacer that goes in between the upper and lower intake, it gives you more plenum volume and allows more flow around the injector spider.

VorTecxas

American Nightmare
Reaction score
Then an OEM tube would work just fine. I've heard good things about the plenum spacers, not so much on the TB ones