Viper Security System?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1995z71

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was looking under my dash today and discovered a viper alarm system was installed by previous owner. The system is a 500hf, would I be able to take my truck to a viper installer and get them to get it working again or is it too outdated? (I don't have the remotes, didn't even know the truck had a viper system until today)

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
A quick google search indicates that system is from approximately 1998. If I were you I definitely wouldn't spend any money getting remotes and making it work again. Especially when you can get a brand new aftermarket keyless/alarm system installed for less than $300.

Replacement remotes are usually in the $30-40 range.

1995z71

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alright thanks guys, wasn't aware that this system was so old. I am probably going to remove it from the truck because whoever installed it did a terrible job.

jkeaton

It’s been real
Reaction score
Alright thanks guys, wasn't aware that this system was so old. I am probably going to remove it from the truck because whoever installed it did a terrible job.

If everything on the truck is working as it should, leave it alone. Removing it could cause a bunch of other issues. I.E., if it ain't broke, don't fix it.