Vin Decoder

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

supjim12

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have no idea where yo put this but here is the best I thought of. This link will break down the VIN on any of our trucks going back to 1980 all the way up to 2010. It will show options codes paint set up colors trim gearing. Basically everything you can just about imagine about your truck. It will show how many trucks were made with the same options. I hope this becomes a sticky so it doesn't get lost. I am posting this up as the options tag in my glove box is faded. It will also do all G.M. made automobiles as well.

http://www.compnine.com/vid.php

My truck came up as 1 of 2 with the options listed.

MIHELA

1-5-6-3-4-2-7-8
Reaction score
I got a link to that last week. It wouldn't decode the last 20 RPO codes on my truck, but I think its a work in progress. Seems to work better now.
There are 28 (0.004%) with the RPO codes you selected.

Last edited:

supjim12

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats true as the ID tag in my glove box is fadded and smeared so it kind of nice to know what rear end gearing I have. Or the fact I have the upgrade radio. Just things like that for someone who was just wondering or wants to know how there truck was equipped from the factory.

Low 89

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
On a slightly side note, when you guys say your truck was one of two, it seems so rare mainly because that was one of two built at the same plant in the same year with the exact options. Overall, it may not be to rare.

shortchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
1 of 2... mines actually somewhat rare... out of 116,000 gm trucks made in 1997 only 1044 were the sport model, I find that cool just being that rare. but between being a sport model, being victory red, and having the 305/5speed my truck is 1 of 2 made like it.