Vibration and vibrating sound 45mph+

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98silveraydo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If nothing's wrong with rotors, somethings probably misaligned or unbalanced, I would try to let a mechanic take your truck out for a test drive and then recheck whatever was done to make sure everythings straight. I wouldn't take much of any risks, learned from experience:(

Gregory

Reaction score
If nothing's wrong with rotors, somethings probably misaligned or unbalanced, I would try to let a mechanic take your truck out for a test drive and then recheck whatever was done to make sure everythings straight. I wouldn't take much of any risks, learned from experience:(
They did test drive it and didn't notice anything. If they don't figure out what's going on by the end of the week I'm gonna go to a different shop.

65nightmare

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It could be a ton of things but if you can feel it in the steering wheel it is more than likely in the front suspension. Especially if you first noticed it after an alignment.

Gregory

Reaction score
I'd do the same, good luck, let us know something
Well it seems that it is a problem with either front half shafts, drive shaft or transfer case. Drove it in 4x4 and I definitely fell like something is grinding or vibrating can't describe it even in low speeds. After i went back to 2WD truck just jumped like hell. While making turns was also noisy.

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
sounds like a bearing of some sort going out. are the boots on the half shafts ripped?

check the Ujoints

Gregory

Reaction score
sounds like a bearing of some sort going out. are the boots on the half shafts ripped?

check the Ujoints
Don't know i barely got back from the road and checked what I could. I'm not a gear head how could I check that? Is it visible? And is it possible that it was damaged by the mechanic when working on the suspension?

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
I bet it's your transfer case, I had the same thing happen with my 01, never saw any leaks so I never checked the fluid level.... I opened the drain plug and maybe a quarter of a quart of black ATF came out. All of the fluid went between the trans and transfer case and just sat there till I popped it apart. I'd start by checking the fluid level.