Vibration and vibrating sound 45mph+

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gregory

Reaction score
Ive recently had the front suspension redone along with replacing rear shocks. When on my way to check out a 14 bolt I noticed a strange vibrating sound and vibrations starting around 45mph and up. Took the truck back to the shop and they didn't find anything. Took it to other one and it seemed that it had bad wheel alignment and bad front tires. I've replaced front tires (tires were balanced on a machine) did the alignment and it's still there. Left the truck at the shop that did the first work and they still didn't find anything! Did someone had similar issues?

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
what are you driving?

can you tell where the noise is coming from?

everytime I had a vibration and horrible noises at around that speed, it was drive shaft related. possibly a U-joint on its way out.

Gregory

Reaction score
what are you driving?

can you tell where the noise is coming from?

everytime I had a vibration and horrible noises at around that speed, it was drive shaft related. possibly a U-joint on its way out.
I drive a suburban k1500 it seems like it's right under my feet, can feel it on the steering wheel and noise seems like coming from underneath the hood. And I think I hear it more when letting off the gas.

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
Im just taking wild guesses, have you looked at the Harmonic balancer? maybe the driveshaft center carrier bearing is going out?

if you rev it in park does it vibrate?

Gregory

Reaction score
Im just taking wild guesses, have you looked at the Harmonic balancer? maybe the driveshaft center carrier bearing is going out?

if you rev it in park does it vibrate?
I did but didn't feel any vibrations or hear anything. On the other hand when idling I tends to shake once in a while. And it is visible as the belt is jumpy. Also my ac compressor is making noises while off but vibration s don't change either on or off.
Didn't have these problems when driving before suspension work, is it possible that they were unnoticeable because of looses init?

Last edited:

98silveraydo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Could it be anything with transmission? Only vibration problems I've ever had is with a transmission trying to catch around 45 mph and I've had vibration from dry rotted tires too, don't take anything from me though:burnout:

Gregory

Reaction score
Could it be anything with transmission? Only vibration problems I've ever had is with a transmission trying to catch around 45 mph and I've had vibration from dry rotted tires too, don't take anything from me though:burnout:
Transmission shifts nice and smooth when going from P to D there are no delays, rear tires are good and front has new one's.

98silveraydo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
All right, I would probably check your rotors first and other braking parts, did it vibrate when you braked too?