Very new...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jables

Reaction score
Hi all, very new here.

Just this weekend, I purchased my first truck. A '92 extended cab C1500. Trying to learn as much as I can as quick as I can. My truck needs some work, but I love it.

Is there anything I should be on the lookout for with these trucks? Common problem areas, etc?

99'Subourbon

Longroof NOOA Member
Reaction score
Hi all, very new here.

Just this weekend, I purchased my first truck. A '92 extended cab C1500. Trying to learn as much as I can as quick as I can. My truck needs some work, but I love it.

Is there anything I should be on the lookout for with these trucks? Common problem areas, etc?
They leak, get used to it. Transmission and rear end are known weak points. Give her a good tune up, and run good oil.

There are many upgrades to be do e just to build upon the stock setting of the truck; upgraded alternator, upgrade the power and ground wires (the big 3), shift kit, corvette servo, upgraded AC unit, HD headlight harness, hydro assist or NBS upgraded master cylinder (stock sucks, even brand new), upgrade the steering shaft.

What kind of condition is it in? Rust? If it's in good condition, never sell her. Ever. You'll regret it, trust me I know. Even if the motor and tranny go out.

Have fun, and welcome.

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Welcome,

What I always tell people is plan on spending two payments worth of the price of a new truck every year. This will cover repairs and upgrades from the junkyard. If you do that the truck will run forever and will be a nice dependable ride. It will haul anything a new truck will haul and the AC will be just as cold.

Jables

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up guys. She seems to be in great condition for the age. No rust anywhere, well aside from the usual surface rust on the under body metals... Seems leak free motor wise, only time I've ever seen a block this dry on the outside is with a brand new vehicle lol

I do have one issue right now and I'm hoping a good tune up will help. If I'm not moving and turn the steering wheel, she'll die... Other than that, the idle seems a little low and my voltage bounces with the turn signal at idle...