Very Bad experience with gmachinz

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Z71Hobbs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So, gmachinz came here as a new member and apparently was selling custom harnesses to folks.

I reached out to him for a couple parts, not an entire harness and he gave me a price on June 29 and I promptly paid on June 30. I have emailed him through this website and have received no responses whatsoever, and he has been online several time since, including tonight at 8:29 pm.

I was willing to give him some leeway because I know people can get busy, but his lack of any communication from messages sent to him on June 30, July 15, and today and looking like he is ignoring me and that I was taken advantage of.

Many folks here don't know much about me, but I am a man of my word, and all of my transactions originating here have been flawless (usps lost a package sent to me from another member, but usps paid the insurance).

I am putting this out there as a warning to those who care about their money, honesty, and integrity.

deejaaa

Became Less Of A Human 5-13-18
Reaction score
warning or not, i think you are over-reacting. he is an upstanding individual and YOU haven't taken the steps to resolve the situation.
have you sent him a PM?
have you visited the page you saw him on and called out to him?
don't try to 'warn' others of your thoughts because they might bite you in the ass.
he was brought here by another member, who i'm sure, will feel the same way i do.

Z71Hobbs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not trying to get into arguments with individual members. And maybe the last sentence of my post was a bit harsh, but the situation honestly has made me a bit pissy.

I have sent private messages. He has been active on the site several times after the messages were sent. I know this because you can check on the user and it will say when they were last active.

That being said, I don't think it's unreasonable to expect a return message in 15 days, especially given his activity on this site- that makes folks feel like they are being ignored. Additionally, 15 days time is more than ample enough time to mail a package from inside the lower 48 to Illinois, even using media mail. He didn't have to fab up anything for this, it was for parts only. If he didn't have the parts, he could have replied to a message-easy peasy.

I understand this may piss people off, but I posted my feedback in the feedback forum, as that is what it is for. I don't think I'm being unreasonable to get any kind of communication or receipt of a product.

I will gladly revise my post if the issue gets resolved.

If an admin disagrees with my thread, I am confident they will let me know.

camaroman101

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I read about someone else that thought they got scammed by him because he didn't communicate very quickly, this was around a week though. Wait a while longer, he is a well known seller here. What parts did you order?

BerHntr

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
@deejaa I didn't see any information in the response that wasnt in the original post. Seems like you might have seen red at the sight of the thread title and went straight to your response.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
While that is unfortunate, like others have mentioned @gmachinz has been known to take a while on communication and/or product. Personally I wouldn't be all that worried about two weeks. A month or more maybe, but at that point you're looking at a PayPal claim anyway.

Hopefully he'll show up and clear the air here.

EDIT - Just to point out, I have not personally done any business with @gmachinz, but I have with @Z71Hobbs and he is an exemplary trader who will not hesitate to ship things out same day if he can.

I can definitely understand the irritation here, having dealt with similar things before. When you go out of your way to be speedy it can get frustrating when others don't do the same.

Last edited:

CovenantHeart

Reaction score
I'd like to throw in my word as someone who has done business with gmachinz. He often does not communicate quickly (at all), and I don't think you're unjustified in your discomfort. But for me, he has always (eventually) come through, and his workmanship is quality.

Z71Hobbs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got a reply back today from gmachinz apologizing and informing me that the package was shipped and he provided a tracking number. As others had indicated, he came through.

Please note that my frustration mostly stemmed from seeing his activity on the site after I had sent messages, and I was still not getting responses. My past experiences kicked in as red flags to the transaction. I used to be more patient; however, getting burned several times has caused me to be more brash.

As some have said, I do operate in a quick manner and that can impact my view of others. That said, I still do feel that taking 20 days is a bit long to get a response.