Veeman's 97 build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Veeman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got my head unit in the mail yesterday hooked it up real quick to play with the features. Now I'm just waiting for my iPad mini dash kit to come in so I can start cutting and fiberglassing it in the dash!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

lha1992

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Dude nice truck an build!!! Your trucks color is an exact copy of mine! Mine I guess is a lil bit different shade of garnet red. Not too many of these color trucks were built at all. Mines an 89 with the different front end.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Veeman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Started the install for my head unit and iPad mini. Had to remove some material inside the dash to allow the climate controls to be moved to the bottom where that little pocket is under the radio. Still waiting for the iPad mini dash kit to arrive so I'm kinda at a bottleneck here. Here's a couple pics if what I removed so far.
You must be registered for see images attach

Cut along the black lines
after being cut

Veeman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well today I hammered out the bed. Raised the floor 7-1/2" still got a few little things to finish up and also need to make legs to bolt the bed back on.
Before

After.

Veeman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Can anyone give me any tips on the best way to make legs for reattaching the box? I want it to be strong. And still be able to load dirt bikes and such into the bed. Should I put some extra bracing along the bottom?

Veeman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got the box on today, finally still got some tweaking to do on the drivers side to line up the body lines.

jfever71

94grounddweller
Reaction score
Looking really good. And as other guys have said i like to see long beds lowered. I had a friend in high school that had a long bed s10 and it had on the ground and this was way before airbags and it looked soo low becase of the long bed. I was looking at a extra cab long bed awile before my truck i got. But im glad i git this one.

Last edited:

jfever71

94grounddweller
Reaction score
Well a bit of an update. I've got the truck sanded and primed ready for paint. Decided until all my body work is done( shaved handles etc. ) I'm gonna go with a satin black. I also got a great deal on a set of 18" wire wheels, it's the biggest wheel I could go without having to remove the inner fenders. I know most of you won't like them but I do so please don't hate on me lol.

I used to have those in 20"s on my olds. I still like 100 spokes.

And this is the 20"s on my first olds.

And also i like ratrod black too. As you can see. Lol.

Last edited: