Valence = better mpg?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98slv

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Whatever you think looks better. My 4x4 doesn't have one because I was always ripping it off or almost ripping it off, my 2wd does just becuase I personally thinks it looks better. As far as mileage don't think it will change much.

95six.five

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My new trucks got one but my tires are rubbin on the bumper for some reason rather than the valence.

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
You must have some really deep wheels. My 35x12.50x17s never rubbed. They are on factory 08 burban wheels tho... I have the valence and all

98slv

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
probably rubbing on the bottom corners of the bumper? You should be able to turn your bars up to clear it or a saw-zall can make quick work of that.

LessThenStellar

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have never liked the look of the valence, first thing I did was rip that off. I think it looks cleaner without it.

What purpose does it serve, other than falling off practically everytime something touches it.

98chevyrider

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Mine didnt come with one but its also lifted and i use my truck to bog with and run trails so i think it would get ripped off any ways but u guys r saying 18 like its rare? i pull 20mpgs as long as some jerk doest make me mad or im out hot rodding

vortec powered smartphone

98chevyrider

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Could be because of the motor with 15xxx mile :what:

Ruger_556

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Mine didnt come with one but its also lifted and i use my truck to bog with and run trails so i think it would get ripped off any ways but u guys r saying 18 like its rare? i pull 20mpgs as long as some jerk doest make me mad or im out hot rodding

Depends on your setup :shrug: I get 18-20 but a re-gear should bring me back up over 20 mpg