using ls a/c compressor on 97 2wd

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mattc

Reaction score
i've read through countless posts about the josh powers brackets and all that, but i was wondering if i can use the A/C as it is in the lower left posistion? reason being i will have a Procharger on it which will extend the belt a good bit and i really don't want to add more by using the relocator brackets and have 10 feet of belt. i have that now on my 5.7 and i seem to get alot of belt slip on the s/c and its broken a few tensioners when it snaps back under boost/load.

i saw where someone mentioned notching the frame to make the ls a/c compressor fit? i've searched and searched and cant really find any answers other then dont run a/c but in south GA i'm gonna need it lol. thanks

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have the Josh Power's bracket's and they work well but they are for the 95 down compressor, I know there are lot's of people that have notched there frame to keep the AC compressor in the stock location, I just don't know where to tell you to look for pics. I am guessing that you probably can't modify the Kwik performance AC bracket to work with your Pro charger?

Mattc

Reaction score
i'm sure it would work but i would end up having a long ass belt which is what i'm trying to avoid if i can. and i'm just trying to avoid buying another compressor and brackets to save money where i can