Upper corner lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
There are several members on here from Louisiana. We should do a meet and great one day.

Spode

Reaction score
I'm down. Bought truck just as a hauler for me 2 years ago. Cleaned it up and fixed a couple issues but nothing special. Son just turned 15 and has decided he wants it for his first vehicle. So him and I have started tackling the little customization stuff. Plan is to have motor/paint/lift before his 16th.

kennythewelder

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
You can't beat a father son project.

lxe4

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
4 corners are in!!!! Also got the light bar behind the upper grill opening mounted today. Paint is drying tonight on the parts for that. Tomorrow I'll wire it and drive out with my rolling xmas tree.

You must be registered for see images attach

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This is slick. I am goint to do tbis too. I always wondered why GM didnt make both of em light up. Awesome write up. Will be getting some old lenses and wiring pigtails on my next junkyard run.

kennythewelder

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
This is slick. I am goint to do tbis too. I always wondered why GM didnt make both of em light up. Awesome write up. Will be getting some old lenses and wiring pigtails on my next junkyard run.
Once you do the mod, you will understand why GM didn't out lights in the upper corners. The wires on the socket stick out, and are in the way, when you reinstall the grill. I guess they could have used a socket with flat connectors, although I don't remember seeing a socket like that, thats not to say there is no such thing.

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I may or may not do this now that you mentioned the clearance issues. I will still pick up the parts though just in case. I do like the idea of it. Maybe using a flat mount LED strip light would work, and drill it for a single white light LED bulb and glue it in with silicone.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
My issue is the damn bulbs constantly lose connection. Pull it part, push th ebulb back in and they stay on for several weeks ad then another does the same thing. Drives me crazy but its a small price to pay in my mind

kennythewelder

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Once its in place, it fine, and there is plenty of room. To get it into place, it hits the headlight. You have to bend the socket to get it around the headlight. I made the hole in my top corner lights, and then used a clear epoxy resin to mount them. I removed my grill first , and let it sit inside my house in the back room over night so that the epoxy could set up. I used 2 lower corner lights as a donor for the sockets. I like the mod a lot, and would do it again. Between that and the 4 high bead headlight mod, it is what GM should have done to these truck from the factory.

kennythewelder

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
My issue is the damn bulbs constantly lose connection. Pull it part, push th ebulb back in and they stay on for several weeks ad then another does the same thing. Drives me crazy but its a small price to pay in my mind
I don't have that issue with mine at all. Mine are the same bulb and socket that is in the bottom corner markers. Once the bulb is in and twist locked in place, they do not come loose, or at least mine dont anyway.