Upper corner lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nathaniel2g

Rusty Islander
Reaction score
Does anyone have a problem with the lights staying on? If I wiggle the wires around near the socket, the light will go out. I don't know what the problem is. Top and bottom?

Yes. Very common for the wires inside the bulb socket to corrode out. Mine does it on the passenger side sometimes - depending on the position of the harness my corner will go out.

biggbiker

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
What brand of amber bulbs, both 194, and 1157 (2357) are u all using? I had some painted ones that the clear amber peeled off after a few months. I bought colored glass bulbs but they are $5 a piece from japan. I am doing the 4 corner swap with clear leanses, so the bulbs have to look nice. Tnx BiggB

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
What brand of amber bulbs, both 194, and 1157 (2357) are u all using? I had some painted ones that the clear amber peeled off after a few months. I bought colored glass bulbs but they are $5 a piece from japan. I am doing the 4 corner swap with clear leanses, so the bulbs have to look nice. Tnx BiggB
I'll start by saying that generally you get what you pay for when it comes to lighting. There are a few cases in which you can find good deals on great products but for the most part if you buy cheap ****, that's what you'll end up with.

I used to sell and install LED lighting. My supplier stopped making lights so now I just install. I hear great things about superbrightleds but I have nearly 300 bucks in leftover old stuff from my supplier to go through before I buy anything else new.

And do yourself a favor. If you have the ability to do minor wiring work.... Do a 3157 conversion on the front turn signals. They seal better, work better, and are less finicky with LEDs.

Sent from a flagged XT1254
Tyler/T-Unit

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

I run Sylvania LongLife in all of my turn signals and brake lights. Good stuff.

Spode

Reaction score
How is everyone wiring this setup up? I feel like the best looking, would be for all 4 lights to function as parking lights and also as blinkers. Is that correct?

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yes. I just tied into the lower marker lights. These do blink as well. What the bottom does, the top does. Wiring is the easy part of this project. I wish I had found some 90 degree sockets for the top bulbs. They fit, but there is not much clearance. I have to wiggle the grill to get the top sockets passed the headlights. Once they are passed the headlights, it is fine.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Oh I see you are from Louisiana too. I'm in Lafayette.