Upgraded to ssbc rear disc brakes 97 Tahoe 2wd 4dr

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nowukno

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Took only 5 hrs, but i like the end result used kit A126-2. Upgraded to big bite cross drilled and slotted rotors
You must be registered for see images attach

sttubs

Reaction score
Nice. I had the SSBC Big Brake Kit with slotted rotors on my 98 Suburban, made a great difference and the pads lasted a lot longer than OEM type plus I also warped a few OEM rotors, but not those. Now that kit is crazy expensive.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I saw you mentioned in another thread that this kit includes a new master cylinder which has got me intrigued. Would you saw your pedal feel is comparable to what it felt like from the factory? Better or worse?

Looks great!

nowukno

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw you mentioned in another thread that this kit includes a new master cylinder which has got me intrigued. Would you saw your pedal feel is comparable to what it felt like from the factory? Better or worse?

Looks great!
Way better not mushy anymore

nowukno

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
By the way I have the regular 5x5 rear rotors for sale if anyone inrerested since i upgraded to the cross drilled ones they measure 11.5 in diameter