Tyler's DD/plaything

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Ignition switch harness or coil maybe? Did you recheck all your connections to make sure nothings lose after the injector job?

Your ext cab molding is crooked and it drives me nuts lol. I spent the longest time trying to figure out why it looked like the cab and bed didnt line up. Now i know lol.
I bought a coil. I'll be out doing diagnostic tests shortly.

And I never noticed the molding was goofy until you just pointed it out. There's some ****** ass body work on this truck. I'll just add that to the list of stuff I don't care about fixing on the body since it'll be scrapped and swapped with a newer one.

Sent from my flagged XT1635-01

Tyler/T-Unit

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
And it won't even crank now.

Tyler/T-Unit

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Yeah I'm having all sorts of issues.

Tyler/T-Unit

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How was the idle after you replaced the spider assembly? Maybe a hefty vacuum leak on the spider assembly gasket where it meets the upper intake?

Otherwise, you might as well test the fuel pressure. Spec is 60-66 psi, ignition on and engine off.

Do you have spark at all cylinders?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
patience, look at one component at a time, check the starter fuse? you'll find it.
I've checked all my fuses. Starter relay clicks. Gotta make sure I'm getting signal to the solenoid. If I am getting signal and power, I probably fried the solenoid. If I'm. It getting signal I'll be checking for an output signal where it's sent from. If it's coming out but not going to the solenoid it's a bad wire. If it's not getting signal I have to start figuring out what does what where and it's place in line. I can troubleshoot electrical problems pretty easily when it comes to basic stuff like these ample systems. CAN/BUS? not the slightest clue.
How was the idle after you replaced the spider assembly? Maybe a hefty vacuum leak on the spider assembly gasket where it meets the upper intake?

Otherwise, you might as well test the fuel pressure. Spec is 60-66 psi, ignition on and engine off.

Do you have spark at all cylinders?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
When it was running everything was normal. Idle was perfect. It fired on the first rotation when cranked. But once it shut off it would not start. It would act like it was gonna catch if I played with the throttle a little but it just wouldn't hook or get to idle. It would chug a little faster and faster but wouldn't catch.

But that's on the side burner because I can't trouble shoot anything until it shuts off. It can't shut off if it won't start.

Tyler/T-Unit

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Starter is shot. New power wire, new alt to battery charge wire. Solenoid clicks. Tried jumping the starter and still nothing. So I've deemed the starter to be the issue for that. I put the new coil on as well because F*ck it, I've come this far already.

Tyler/T-Unit

CRF450R

Truckin'
Reaction score
Starter is shot. New power wire, new alt to battery charge wire. Solenoid clicks. Tried jumping the starter and still nothing. So I've deemed the starter to be the issue for that. I put the new coil on as well because F*ck it, I've come this far already.

Tyler/T-Unit
Ya sounds like a starter. Looks like nice truck in Canada the box rusts out way before the front fenders your truck looks the opposite lol. Not dissing it it's cheaper and easier to replace front fenders then bed skins. I've always thought these trucks look good in that green. Also them rims definitely suit the truck glad to see you didn't do the blacked out spair tire/rims look.(blacked out rims)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Ya sounds like a starter. Looks like nice truck in Canada the box rusts out way before the front fenders your truck looks the opposite lol. Not dissing it it's cheaper and easier to replace front fenders then bed skins. I've always thought these trucks look good in that green. Also them rims definitely suit the truck glad to see you didn't do the blacked out spair tire/rims look.(blacked out rims)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
This entire body is shot. I'll run it beat up until I have a shop and I plan to strip it down to bare frame and restore it. Southern body will replace this trashed one.

Tyler/T-Unit