Tyler's DD/plaything

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Alright since my last update I've managed to get a bunch of stuff done for the headache rack lights. I got them properly mounted and aimed how I want, wires run nice and tidy on a switch in my overhead console which was a bit of a pain since they have a separate Bluetooth controller that is intended to be direct wired but I wanted it on a physical switch for power. Also did some more wiring clean up in the overhead console that I've been wanting to do for awhile no but just didn't have the incentive until now since I'm already in there.
You must be registered for see images attach

if you look up in there there is a fuse block. I mounted it so that I could have one power wire going up to supply up to three switches and then I would only need to run one power wire down from each switch to an accessory. Eliminates needing two power wires per switch running up my A pillar. Looks messy now but it was really bad before. I need the extra in case I need to pop that cover off for any reason.

The window I was supposed to fix has been an absolute nightmare from hell.
Here's a link to a thread for it. (trust me it's enough of a problem that it does in fact deserve it's own thread)

http://www.gmt400.com/index.php?threads/37038/

Sent from a flagged XT1254
Tyler/T-Unit

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Today I got a lot accomplished.

I have a drivers side window again. Refer to my last post with the thread link for the story. It's worth a read.

I also started on getting the last of my LED conversion finished up. Since the window switch panel was already out I pulled the window/lock switch off as well as the mirror adjust switch. I LED swapped them. It was a fair bit of finaggling to get the LEDs in but they light up now. And look pretty good

I investigated what it's gonna take to do the 4x4 switch, air bag on/off, cargo lamp switch, and it's gonna be a bit more laborious than I expected. Soldering will be involved for the 4x4 switch. The air bag switch is not able to be broken apart so that's gonna have to remain as is indefinitely. The cargo lamp switch I have yet to figure out. I got it apart but parts went flying when I did get it apart so I need to snag another couple to experiment with. I don't even know how to get mine back together at the moment.

Edit: and I have a temporary mounting location for my trans temp gauge until I can find a full pillar mount.

Tyler/T-Unit

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
My cargo and fog lamp switches were 1 3mm LED that I soldered in

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
My cargo and fog lamp switches were 1 3mm LED that I soldered in
I haven't gotten into the cargo light far enough. Like I said it exploded. When I did get it apart and I have no clue where all the loose pieces go inside the housing. I tried a couple different ways and had no luck. I just shattered the innards. So I need to go to the yards and make a grab run.
What did the miror switch take?
I still have a ton of extra HyPer stuff laying around. I took the chips out of the 74 bases and and trimmed down the leads and stuck them in the holes. They rest against the wall of the pin holder and rest on the floor of it as well. They won't move. I couldn't solder them because the board is under the switch pin retainer level. And the original bulbs weren't soldered in either.

Tyler/T-Unit

Bob L

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
On your led's on the back rack do you find any glare from the tailgate from them? What I am asking is do you get any reflection or are they spots that shine over the gate?

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
On your led's on the back rack do you find any glare from the tailgate from them? What I am asking is do you get any reflection or are they spots that shine over the gate?
I haven't really had it out to experiment with yet. I'll check tomorrow night as I just got in from the garage. If I do have any glare it will. Be minimal as I painted my tailgate inside with rustoleum bedliner rattle can stuff. It's black and very matte. But now that you mention it I'm curious.

Got my cargo light switch LED swapped. Had to do a bit of soldering on it but it's bright and functional. I never had a working light on it so it's nice that it lights up now. Next up is the headlight switch. I have a bunch of experimenting to do on it still though. But Im making progress. Need to find a way to secure the bulb in this position because it's so effective. I have a few other bulb styles I'd like to try as well though just to see.
You must be registered for see images

Tyler/T-Unit

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
I played with the lights tonight. I have absolutely no glare. And the lights are nice and bright. I tried them out on a dead stretch of road and they light quite a ways back even with my 20% tint and the rain.

Tyler/T-Unit

Bob L

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I played with the lights tonight. I have absolutely no glare. And the lights are nice and bright. I tried them out on a dead stretch of road and they light quite a ways back even with my 20% tint and the rain.

I am a big fan of rear aux. lights. I have two LED lights in my rear bumper now. I am going to be building a new bumper with my bed swap and may add some lights on my rack also. I have a boat with a white interior and if I use a bright light from the helm it just reflects off the inside of the bow and blinds me.

I am not sure how I will be painting the inside of the bed yet but am thinking about how I can use the plastic gate protector from my present bed with some modifications

DaltonB98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Do you happen to have a link for these lights? I can't see **** when I back up since I went "retard dark" as the tinter said when installing it. I have factory tint and 5% over that, had to do that so no one can see my system though since I live were there are little thieves everywhere lol.