Tyler's DD/plaything

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Picked up some wheels for it. Also sold that garbage rear axle I bought awhile back and yanked the right one out of the junk yard for it. Pics to come. The wheels will be on this week.

Sent from a flagged XT1254
Tyler/T-Unit

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
The axle and wheels from the yard.
You must be registered for see images attach

also dressed up my cluster.

Tyler/T-Unit

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score

Got the wheels on a couple weeks ago. Never updated this. Not sure I want to keep them. I'll try some 285s next summer and see if it makes them a little more appealing.

Got some goodies from the Peterbilt dealer today.

Tyler/T-Unit

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Those little bullet lights got installed.

Also put the Sawblades back on. Got the 265s dismounted from the z71 wheels. Currently up for sale.

Can't really think of anything I need to do to the truck right now. Which is nice. I mean I've got to change some grease fittings I guess but that's it.

Tyler/T-Unit

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Have a few updates. Some not happening right away and others in the process of being worked on.

I found a GMT800 master, disc rear prop valve, and stainless front hoses for the truck. All brand new. 125 for the whole lot. Guy has had them for a long time for a truck he used to have. Offered them to me. I couldn't pass them up. I'll get them with my tax refund.

The six lug 14bsf needs some locker work. And disc brakes. I do have plans to blast and paint it. Not sure what the time frame on this is just yet. It doesn't need to get installed yet. I need a solid plan of attack on it before I can start getting parts and making moves.

I'd be tinkering with it but I've spent most of the winter in my garage working on everything from friends rides to my own. My Buick took two deer hits in three weeks resulting in a broken brake line I had to pay a shop to run and the battery almost exploded on me somewhere in the middle. Cousins car dropped a tensioner pulley so I had to tow him home while he ran into troubles with broken parts. My sisters jeep grenaded the 4.0. Cracked the block on #4 cyl. wall. #4 piston skirt blew apart. Wrist pin was sticky. So that is apart now at my house. Her bf has been here and we rewired his entire mustang. His truck got brakes all the way around and an oil change. It's just been non stop it seems like.

The truck was being driven for a few days while the Buick was getting worked on. My drivers side window fell down into the door Thursday. So I had to park it and drive the Grand Prix I had fixed to flip.

I have brand new glass that is tinted and finally got the right regulator and motor assembly. Gonna have to wait a day or so still. Academy chapter got switched up and we are starting haz-mat this week meaning I have a 100 plus page chapter to read and do homework on before class tonight.

I bought aux lights for the headache rack. I'll make another post for them.

Tyler/T-Unit

Last edited:

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
I can't take it. I'll post up a couple pics even though it isn't done yet.

That's a teaser. I'll try and get a video uploaded. Can't remember if tapa had an update that fixed my crashing while uploading issue I've been fighting for years regardless of version or phone.

Tyler/T-Unit

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Alright since my last update I've managed to get a bunch of stuff done for the headache rack lights. I got them properly mounted and aimed how I want, wires run nice and tidy on a switch in my overhead console which was a bit of a pain since they have a separate Bluetooth controller that is intended to be direct wired but I wanted it on a physical switch for power. Also did some more wiring clean up in the overhead console that I've been wanting to do for awhile no but just didn't have the incentive until now since I'm already in there.

if you look up in there there is a fuse block. I mounted it so that I could have one power wire going up to supply up to three switches and then I would only need to run one power wire down from each switch to an accessory. Eliminates needing two power wires per switch running up my A pillar. Looks messy now but it was really bad before. I need the extra in case I need to pop that cover off for any reason.

The window I was supposed to fix has been an absolute nightmare from hell.
Here's a link to a thread for it. (trust me it's enough of a problem that it does in fact deserve it's own thread)

http://www.gmt400.com/index.php?threads/37038/

Tyler/T-Unit

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Today I got a lot accomplished.

I have a drivers side window again. Refer to my last post with the thread link for the story. It's worth a read.

I also started on getting the last of my LED conversion finished up. Since the window switch panel was already out I pulled the window/lock switch off as well as the mirror adjust switch. I LED swapped them. It was a fair bit of finaggling to get the LEDs in but they light up now. And look pretty good

I investigated what it's gonna take to do the 4x4 switch, air bag on/off, cargo lamp switch, and it's gonna be quick bit more laborious than I expected. Soldering will be involved for the 4x4 switch. The air bag switch is not able to be broken apart so that's gonna have to remain as is indefinitely. The cargo lamp switch I have yet to figure out. I got it apart but parts went flying when I did get it apart so I need to snag another couple to experiment with. I don't even know how to get mine back together at the moment.

Edit: and I have a temporary mounting location for my trans temp gauge until I can find a full pillar mount.

Tyler/T-Unit

Last edited:

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Cargo light switch is done. Nice and bright. Soldering was required for this but it was very simple. The 4x4 switch will be more soldering. The headlight switch has been a real treat so far. I'm engineering a way to get a 194 in there. Still have a bunch of experimenting to do with it all. Not sure if I'm keeping the orange 4x4 indicators or changing the colors. I've heard that they can be over powering if swapped so I'll be testing a few colors out.

I also installed the express van knobs on my HVAC. I like the look. Just need to figure out what to do with the headlight switch.

Tyler/T-Unit

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
cargo light switch.

4x4 switch.

express van knobs on the HVAC.