Tyler's 2000 Grand Prix GT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Mine pulled down 30mpg highway, I'd have another tomorrow if there were a need/justification.

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
I don't need a gtp. It would be cool but I'm putting on 1500+ miles per month on for work and most of the time I'm doing 15-25 stops a day so the minor mileage hit adds up pretty quickly in town.
I like the whine.

Sent from my flagged XT1635-01

Tyler/T-Unit

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Mine pulled down 30mpg highway, I'd have another tomorrow if there were a need/justification.
I'm one of those guys who should be able to get great mileage in most vehicles but unfortunately I don't. Heck, one of my duties is teaching defensive driving. Our Yukon with 3.42 gears pulled 12-15mpg. Our 2000 Suburban gets 10! I expected both of these vehicles to be better. My wife pulls upper 30's out of her civic on the freeway and I pull low to mid 40's. I've seen people quote 20 in town and 25+ on the freeway with gtp and gt grand prixs. I'll probably get 14-18 with my luck...

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Nahh, just set the cruise and go. 20 in town and 27-30 hwy for us, and most of the time it pulled the 30. Only in ****** conditions at 80mph would it dip down to 27. Funny thing about that car is it hated to go to lower elevations. Always threw an EGR code and TPS would act up. Go home and everything was fine but man did hat thing pull hard in MI. Thing did like 85 in 2nd IIRC and would get right through it. I never did like the suspension, felt like the progressive springs had way too much preload on them, best way I can think to describe it. Rode rough but didn't have the handling to go with it. Had torque for days though and didn't downshift for ****, didn't need to. That's what I love about a good powertrain.

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
I'm one of those guys who should be able to get great mileage in most vehicles but unfortunately I don't. Heck, one of my duties is teaching defensive driving. Our Yukon with 3.42 gears pulled 12-15mpg. Our 2000 Suburban gets 10! I expected both of these vehicles to be better. My wife pulls upper 30's out of her civic on the freeway and I pull low to mid 40's. I've seen people quote 20 in town and 25+ on the freeway with gtp and gt grand prixs. I'll probably get 14-18 with my luck...
I get 18 ish in the winter. Long warm ups and lots of idle time. This last tank has me at 15. But it's sat running at the firehouse in snowstorms for an hour while I went on a call so it could thaw out for the drive home.

Summer time I get 23-25 out of the thing. I have a good stretch of back road to work and then a series of mile apart stops. There are like 5 in a row. So it's mixed driving. If it was all highways I'd see close to 30 I'd bet. I haven't dared take it on a long trip yet. (If you've read this thread you'd know this is completely justified)

Tyler/T-Unit

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
My GP GT would only get 19mpg. I didn't have it long enough to even attempt to figure that out. I took one long trip (3.5 hours one way) and got mid 30s out of it. I was stretching it pulling 75.

Tyler/T-Unit

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I get 18 ish in the winter. Long warm ups and lots of idle time. This last tank has me at 15. But it's sat running at the firehouse in snowstorms for an hour while I went on a call so it could thaw out for the drive home.

Summer time I get 23-25 out of the thing. I have a good stretch of back road to work and then a series of mile apart stops. There are like 5 in a row. So it's mixed driving. If it was all highways I'd see close to 30 I'd bet. I haven't dared take it on a long trip yet. (If you've read this thread you'd know this is completely justified)

Tyler/T-Unit
The brake issues that you've had are wonderful.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Mine were OK. Initial response was good, not much after that. Car came with Carquest ceramics, not impressive. I swapped out for Hawk ceramics and new rotors and the car was massively improved. That was the same day I discovered the engine had some sort of death knock. Such a waste.

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
The brake issues that you've had are wonderful.
It blew two lines. My truck did the same. It's more been the repair this thing and immediately find or develop new problem as original problem is being finished up.
Mine were OK. Initial response was good, not much after that. Car came with Carquest ceramics, not impressive. I swapped out for Hawk ceramics and new rotors and the car was massively improved. That was the same day I discovered the engine had some sort of death knock. Such a waste.
I need to pay zzp a visit again. But I need monies first.

Tyler/T-Unit

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
It blew two lines. My truck did the same. It's more been the repair this thing and immediately find or develop new problem as original problem is being finished up. I need to pay zzp a visit again. But I need monies first.

Tyler/T-Unit

Do 98-02 Camaro brakes. Even the V6 cars came with them, super cheap and easy junkyard score. Then just need the adapter from them. And maybe bigger wheels?