twin turbo, turbo or supercharger.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ls6firebird

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I agree with the above statement, but I would stay EFI on an LS motor. Then put a supercharger on it later.

i would stay efi also. these swaps can be done on a budget too. parts are also very easy to find

chen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
for thirteenk I'd get me a 502.
I have most of my parts already just little upgradeds honestly is what's happening, my wife's brother donated some parts he had and in exchange he wants to practice spraying my truck because he's never painted a whole truck before.
checking the block, heads and pistons, I guess you could say a tuneup rebuild?
but also baggin the rear from my 6" drop, since the truck will be out of commission we thought it be the best time,
Only think I'm debating is to upgrade to a 6 lug or stay 5, and to change to an automatic tranny so my wife can drive the truck >.<

454SSguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well for 13k I'm not gettin just a motor. Actually of "main parts" I'm only spending around 8k, but the little stuff to support it adds up. Basically It will be a stock rotating assembly 454 (55k miles), AFR heads, ported Edelbrock intake, ported whipple, ported TBI. Then another $2500 for the trans (T-56), then 4 link $1k (building it myself price), wheels and tires and some little aesetic stuff.

Do some port work on the heads and intake if you stay stock. Just do some reading on port work and take your time. The 6 lug swap is not too hard, you can just get a 4x4 rear, but it's about 2 " wider. The front is super easy Just the 3/4 ton swap. Another option is just redrill rear axles. And for the last part, everybody needs to learn to drive stick, problem solved. :D