twin turbo, turbo or supercharger.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
since I'm keeping my 350,
who has some knowledge, know how or experience with these things.

Last edited:

ls6firebird

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
what motor are ya using? what are your hp goals and budget?

edit: nvm, thought u were talking about lsx

Last edited:

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
We could debate turbos vs. superchargers all day, but it comes down to what you have a passion for.

I think you need to do a little bit of searching on the web and do a hell of a lot of reading just to get your basic forced induction up to *****. Chargers aren't really ment to just be slapped on an engine.

ndians68

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Aloicious is the man to talk to, he is buildign a custom twin turbo system and could probably help you with what is better

chen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
nah I'm not bolting it on,
decommissioning my truck for a little bit.
my gf brother is gonna paint it, so we're gonna take the time to bag the rear, rebuild the block, possibly swap to 6 lug

ndians68

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
sounds like fun, good luck with the project, always wanted to do something like that

454SSguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It'd be a cool project but there is way more involved than you think. I'd go part searching if I were you, then when you think you know how much it will cost, double it. That's what happend to my build. It started off at around $3k-$5k of my deployment money. So far I have a little over $3k in parts already, and according to my spreadsheet ( has all part numbers and prices) I have about $10k left. Yea so started out as 3k now its at 13k. That's how it goes. If you wanna just give it some pep. I'd say get a 5.3 or 6.0 do a set of 243 heads, and a cam swap and run it carbed. Super easy, probably make 400+ at the wheels and would get decent MPG's. Just my .02

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I agree with the above statement, but I would stay EFI on an LS motor. Then put a supercharger on it later.

Hezsus

Mr. Truck
Reaction score
I agree with the above statement, but I would stay EFI on an LS motor. Then put a supercharger on it later.

x3.. If your looking at rebuilding your engine also.. i've seen some 383 crates go just as cheap (unless you know a guy), are you planning to keep efi or go carbed?