Tutorial: 3" Body Lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joshjuniorr

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
funny situation i noticed today on summit. The price difference between a 1500 body lift and a 3500 body lift.....correct me if i'm wrong but the body is exactly the same lol? From what i can tell the only diff is the driveline....

tons of suspension stuff for 1500's but do a search for a 3500 only one company lol

squeaky3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
when i did my body lift i could not get the cables loose for the life of me

so i just but it and wraped it up on the hanger for it on the frame...and when i got my 14 bolt we just cut the cable anyways so i just trimmed them close to the axle and i still need to take the rest of the cable from the front out

texasrebel88

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
i got the PA kit, but i didnt go by the instructions lol.. ive put onlike 4 bl's so it was easy.. i found itwas the easiest to start w/ bed first and got one side fingerloose to keep it in line, and jacked up one side at a time and did it. in all with a lunch break and a couple breaks from the 105 degree heat it took me 8 hours, but 6 were actually work hours

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's a good lookiin truck txsreb...Is it on black or chrome wheels. I like this front pic look the best with the chrome wheels, but I think it's because of lift/bigger tires. I like the black wheels in the other pics though.

texasrebel88

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks, and its chrome now.. i love ur truck actually. it looks like a beefy truck

TLoud

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Southern you should just get the body lift and then take off your cepek and give it to me! :p I WANT IT!

darren250r

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm not sure why you had confusion about the radiator shroud. You unbolt the upper and lower halves of the shroud and put the spacers in between the upper and lower halves with longer bolts. The bottom half stays low and the upper half stays high with the body. If I remember right, the lower half needs a little trimming to clear some hard lines.