Tutorial: 3" Body Lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Why not just buy the performance accessory 2" body lift lit? Only reason I did the 1.5" is I had the lift blocks and extra brackets around. New bolts was little cost.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just can't do 3 but I think I'm going to go with the 2 because I want to just be able to buy the kit without all the other headaches over .5" lol stupid I know...I think on my truck right now with the cepek lift I have the torsion bar relocator bracket hanging down that just looks god awful. I want to do the realift setup to remove that so you don't even see the torsion bars hanging or the bracket and then I think the 2" body would look REALLY clean with that. As for now BODY lift plus frame and all that **** hanging down would just look like **** straight up. I need to hurry up and do this I want more lift!!! But of course the priority is all new tie rods, hubs, upper and lower bj's....ugh. Do any of you know where I can get all the Moog **** online for good price$?

texasrebel88

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't even worry about the transmission linkage, they tell you to pull the seat out, pull back carpet and all that ****, but all you have to do is get under the truck, pull the cable from under the floor until that rubber grommet thing comes out, then push the grommet up and seal it back up - presto.

i never did thatt :looking:

TLoud

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i pulled my seat but honestly if you just pull the cable from under the truck it will break the clip and pull enough through its really pretty simple.

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
I didn't sift through my original post on this but anyone who struggles taking the steering shaft out to put the extender in, don't worry, just take the bolt out you are supposed to, then lift the cab, the shaft should fall out in the process, its telescopic.

Or if you want, you can clip some vice grips on the shaft and tap the side with a hammer to get it out before lifting cab.

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i never took my seat out either. it just kinda moved on its own. everything works fine too. thought the 4wd linkage would be a problem but it all had plenty of movement. only problem i had was parking break and it doesnt really work anymore

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
i never took my seat out either. it just kinda moved on its own. everything works fine too. thought the 4wd linkage would be a problem but it all had plenty of movement. only problem i had was parking break and it doesnt really work anymore

Yeah I hate trying to loosen them old parking brake cables, after lifting the truck it became tighter than a nuns hoo-haa, eventually it loosed up though, I never use it anyways.

TLoud

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yea parking brake was a biaaaatch but after about 25 minutes of struggling and a lot of jb-80 and pb blaster she works like brand new ;)