Tutorial: 3" Body Lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
I just had 10 packs of roofing shingles, some particle board, ply-wood, 36 2x4s, 2 2x6s, 4 rolls of tar paper, and some other stuff, and my bed is fine, truck squatted a little, that's it.

scharst

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
lol so in other words no...thanks for the quick response i just was always wondering that cuz it is somethin ive heard

joshjuniorr

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
it's no diff than having it mounted to the stock bushings from what i can tell just a little higher.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
hate to tell ya this but beds don't have bushings they are just mounted metal to metal, sometimes a squeak pad or something. The thing is they have the metal blocks to weld in to keep from tearing the bed up with a heavy load so it doesn't buckle.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
LOl I had heard that but they call for welding them or tack weld I should say, at least one set of instructions i red called for em.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Guys, I'm really wanting to add some lift on the truck since I got the bigger meatz. I don't think I want to do the full 3 because of how bad our frames already hang...Really a zone 1.5" would be perfect, but they don't make them. What all would I need to do to get a 3" kit and cut them in half? I wouldn't know how to cut em all perfect. Wondering what type of shop could do that for me, and also what else would go with that? Would I need to get different sized bolts as well? I imagine with that small of a lift you wouldn't need to extend certain things like gas tank or steering thing, but let me know what yall think. I know one member on here has done it.

TLoud

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just installed my 3" and i dont know if youd need a steering extension a 1.5" but i think it'd be close that a 1.5" would need it and my fuel filler barely needed any lengthening so i'd bet youd be fine there. As for cutting the blocks im sure any machine shop could do it and then you could just cut the bolts down accordingly just make sure you put nuts on before you cut them so you can thread the nut off after to remove the barbs from the cut so the bolts will still be able to thread into the nuts and the bed. You'd most likely have to fab up some of your own bumper relocators but honestly that would be to difficult.

Or you could probably just buy the zone 1.5" for the 07-11 trucks and just use those blocks then just disconnect the steering and fuel filler until its raised to see how much they seperate? just a thought

http://zoneoffroad.com/product?ki=147&gr=-1

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
Steering shafts are telescopic, you could still use the 3" extension, no problem at all, it would still extend it, but it would still have 1.5 inch under that boot remaining.

You are going to have to cut all of the blocks perfectly if you want to do that, and get different bolts..

Just go with the 3", you can barely tell it has a body lift if done right.

Don't even worry about the transmission linkage, they tell you to pull the seat out, pull back carpet and all that ****, but all you have to do is get under the truck, pull the cable from under the floor until that rubber grommet thing comes out, then push the grommet up and seal it back up - presto.