turbo kit for my 91 tbi 350?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tempted

Banned
Reaction score
Absolutely. Tiny primaries with a truly progressive secondary. Running a Q-Jet is almost like running two different carbs on one intake. Runs on the little one until you step into the throttle and then it opens the big one(dumbed down explanation). Nice thing about them is that the secondaries aren't always open like most other carbs. That means less air flow which means less fuel needed to keep stoich.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Yeah, I'll tell ya about an interesting experience a few years back....82 el camino, 327 and a th350....the car always got toodled around in, never got run hard....out on the back roads needed to make up some time, opened the rears up and pow she disappeared....stop sign ahead, let off gas, pressed brakes to come to a stop....hard as hell to stop, as i was easing down to about 5mph she started spinning the back tires....sitting at a stop sign white-smoking tires....not touching the gas. The rears had stuck open on that initial "launch" from toodle speed to break-neck speed and weren't closing. I had to shut her off and manually work the linkage shut again. I toodled the rest of the way.

:lol:

Tempted

Banned
Reaction score
My Holley got stuck WOT in one of my old mud trucks(full size Bronco) in a parking lot. Smoking 40" tires(locker) gets the wrong attention, cops showed up while I was under the hood. The air cleaner housing rotated and caused the linkage to get stuck and hold wide open. Truck wouldn't turn off, was dieseling and kept catching a spark. Had to shut the fuel off via the adjustable FPR I had on it and wait for the carb bowl to empty. 351W was bouncing off a 5500rpm rev limiter for a good 15 seconds.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Ah ye old windsor engine.......i wanna do a 400M with cleveland heads build like Hot Rod mag did....BAD ASS!!! Dodge 440 pistons, Chevy 350 rods :rocking:

Tempted

Banned
Reaction score
I was never a fan of the Cleveland/Michigan engines. Only FE worth a crap was the side oiler/cammer. Most of the others came with really crappy 2v heads and all of their oiling systems sucked. Things hold no oil pressure at low RPM, even when they were new. The passenger car 351Ms with 4v heads were decent and were torque monsters. If I were to build an FE for personal use no question I'd go with the side oiler. My boss has me working on a 70s Ranger with the 351M. I've swapped to 4v heads and a better oil pump, the thing is still slower than my 94 Sierra and its on small tires.