Tuned PCM vortec 454 5 speed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
Thank you very much for the offer. But, I would be totally lost with the software and won't have the time to play around with.

Would be great to see shovelbill take advantage of that offer and post up some results

me? i'ld lite it on fire! LOL......i would indeed like to go up and spend time with forum member Mrich for sure....WATCHING as he teaches how it's done........i'll hold the drop light!

didn't everyone start by holding the drop-light for a veteran wrench?

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hell I still hold the drop light...

I like to learn, though! Wish someone local to me would offer to help me out with HPTuners, that's awesome! This forum is full of good people.

Mrich0908

Pshhhhttttt!
Reaction score
He'll man, I'll drive up and pay you to do it.LOL. Let me do some more research, let's talk on the phone

As I wrote im more than willing to help . Shoot you can even come to my place , wrench here . Ill give you a hand if you need it . Im not looking to be hired though.
There are parts you need to buy to make the transition to the 0411. EFI conection sells the reluctor , coils , brackets and sensors.
PM me if you have any questions.
it sure is....but wtf is HPTuners? LMAO!

HP tuners is what this whole thread is about . Ecm tuning software that allows you to stay emissions friendly . It turns your ecm into a standalone with out pissing off the emission Nazis. There are people who tune 1500hp engines with their stock ecm.
Go to their website and explore.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
As I wrote im more than willing to help . Shoot you can even come to my place , wrench here . Ill give you a hand if you need it . Im not looking to be hired though.
There are parts you need to buy to make the transition to the 0411. EFI conection sells the reluctor , coils , brackets and sensors.

HP tuners is what this whole thread is about . Ecm tuning software that allows you to stay emissions friendly . It turns your ecm into a standalone with out pissing off the emission Nazis. There are people who tune 1500hp engines with their stock ecm.

LOL......i do hope you know i was funnin about just road trippin and invading your privacy....

as i said i would need to do quite a bit of research before considering this option v. the Black Bear thing i posted.....IF you would have been willing to take the on job of work it would have made my choice much easier, hehe.

installing stereos, lights and harnesses isn't a big deal to me.....doing brain surgery on the truck is really beyond my comfort zone at this point in time....i do want to explore it further.

Mrich0908

Pshhhhttttt!
Reaction score
LOL......i do hope you know i was funnin about just road trippin and invading your privacy....

as i said i would need to do quite a bit of research before considering this option v. the Black Bear thing i posted.....IF you would have been willing to take the on job of work it would have made my choice much easier, hehe.

installing stereos, lights and harnesses isn't a big deal to me.....doing brain surgery on the truck is really beyond my comfort zone at this point in time....i do want to explore it further.

O sorry home sick from work . Im Half alive right now. Again any questions just ask.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score

that was probably another bad joke on my part, you don't know me or my writing style...i'm just not very tech savvy, hence the "wtf"....LOL, sorry.......

GMRedline

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Redline, the stock L31 timing table for an express van didn't work?

Is your engine modified?

It works but I'm running into some knock issues. My truck is completely stock besides an exhaust with a 127k. I think my engine is healthy but now I'm not sure. I've had it for 3 years and have had to replace anything beside the battery. So I'm going to do a full tune up.

My old laptop died this week so I bought a new one last night. I have to get HPTs reinstalled and reconfigured. I need to work on my VE table big time and then start MAF tuning.