Trying to start a wrecked 92. Hasnt been started in 3 months.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Diego0123005

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been trying to start my wrecked 92. I found this wire cut off from the battery that the firefighters cut off for safety reasons. Is this to the ground or to the positive terminal? It doesnt reach the negative but i just want to make sure.

You must be registered for see images attach

Breakdown

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Track it back. See where the other end connects to. If it connects to the starter or alternator it's probably a positive if it connects to the block or frame it's probably a negative. I'd order new replacement pos and neg cables if I were you. Don't splice it

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Track it back. See where the other end connects to. If it connects to the starter or alternator it's probably a positive if it connects to the block or frame it's probably a negative. I'd order new replacement pos and neg cables if I were you. Don't splice it
X2

deejaaa

Became Less Of A Human 5-13-18
Reaction score
X3.

Intimi88tr

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
X4 Me thinks they would kill the positive side of the battery so you couldnt ground it out in anyway

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Its not literally cut from that cobbed up wire coming off the battery right in the picture is it?

kkirwan71

women problems
Reaction score
It most likely is to your negative side of the battery. They cut a good chunk out so there's no chance of it reconnecting

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Diego0123005

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its not literally cut from that cobbed up wire coming off the battery right in the picture is it?
Yes it is. Which is why i was wondering. Originally i just hooked up the jumper cables and all i could hear was the starter click. Then i saw that cable laying there.

Steve A

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes, it looks like the positive cable cut. The black cable in the lower part of the picture looks to be routed down to connect to the engine block. You might be able to splice the positive cable just to try starting the truck but you'd definitely want to change it if you're fixing the truck to drive it.