trying to find a lift kit...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

10ac

Reaction score
any suggestions on lift kits anyone? i have a 1996 regular cab z71 4x4. looking for a good lift for it. but something not too expensive and nothing thats junk that will give me problems with alighnment and make all kinds of sqeeking noises like its binding and such. d like to find something very soon. im looking for a 6" lift. so if u know of anyone either selling one...pls let me know. thanks yall.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well let's see rcx or rough country.com, ebay, extremesusp. which is dick cepek or used to be, ebay or their site, tuff country, fabtech, superlift, skyjacker, tons, summit racing sells some brands.

10ac

Reaction score
cool. thanks. im gonna look into those brands. i did find one on ebay that was a rcx. it was 995 plus shipping. is that a good kit and price?

slim

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
all those are good brands, i would say rcx/rough country and dick cepek are the most popular

10ac

Reaction score
im new to this all so thanks alot for helping. i think ill try the rcx. seems reasonably priced. thx

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
you should look more on this site they have a bolt on section and tons of info on lifts and pics, and tons more on other places, just search around some.

the rcx is about the cheapest out there and the DC is next only a couple hundred more.

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
Since you seem like you are wanting the cheapest the rcx is the way to go. But if you are wanting to get a 6 inch lift but are expecting to get 8 inches out of it then spend the extra 300 or so and get the dick cepek. The rcx will handle everything the cepek will at 6 inches though.

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
from what i hear from my buddys is that fabtech tends to squeak a mfew months down the road. but i agree with dirtyhick

10ac

Reaction score
ok...well yall are a great help! i really appreciate yall taking the time to help me out! thanks! i guess ill get the cepek one. my truck currently has a body lift im gonna take off. them adding the cepek lift. it has 33x12.5x15 bfg all terrains. they are brand new so ill have to stick with them i guess till i get 35x12.50x15. so yea... gonna take yalls advice and go w the cepek. wheres the cheapest i can get it???