true duals or keep what i got with new muffler?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

miles5241

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
so right now i got 3" pipe after stock y-pipe then 2.25" duals axle back with a single glasspack or should i keep that with a flowmaster 10 since i don't like the sound of it? or go with the 2.25" true duals or duals with x-pipe with the flo 10's? i want to see a gain in hp/torque and mpg's what way should i go? right now its catless and will probably stay that way

Last edited:

miles5241

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yea thats what i'm thinking once i find the shop that will do it for the right price. shops around here are really bitchy about keeping it legal...

miles5241

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i know right? you know anything about federal law saying they can't touch a stock y-pipe or cat? cause i can't find anything on it. plus when i tell them it doesn't have stock manifolds or even a cat they look at me like i have no idea what i'm talking about...three different shops gave me the same answer

1990GMCSIERRA

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
even around here theres ppl that wont touch a vehicle without cats
alota places say if they take em off they gota put more back on

but i only go to one place and he hates cats as much as me and will cut em off

miles5241

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yea my friend knows a place and i'm gonna see what they can do for me when i called in and talk to them they played stupid with me but i'll talk to the owner and see what he'll do. how do you like the overall sound of your flowmaster 10's? i'm in the city and i want loud but i'm not sure where my limit is now

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Man, I have a 95 TBI. I've had the 3" Y pipe (just 1 cat no muffs) for 8 years. The TBI's are really torquey and I wanted some more top end HP. I just got 2.25" true duals (1 catco cat on each pipe) because I have to go through inspection and pass. The gain in HP is extremely noticeable. It sounds amazing. Drives, sounds, feels like a whole different truck. My favorite mod I've done, by far, and that's saying alot.