True dual to Y-pipe?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Currently i have the stock dual inlet/single outlet exhaust on my ECSB (5.7 vortec)
A friend of mine is selling a custom exhaust from his RCSB...
His exhaust is a Y-pipe with cat,muffler and side exit..

can i swap the dual for the y-pipe without any issues?

UPDATE: the exhaust i am looking at is from a 305 TBI motor and i am not sure if it will work on my 350 SFI Vortec
I am not too great when it comes to the mechanical stuff...any info that you guys can offer is greatly appreciated

Last edited:
Reaction score
No...i have 2 cats and 4 o2 sensors...the new one has 1 cat and 2 o2 sensors..
I was just curious if there was a way to remove my exhaust and add the new one without changing the ECU..but i guess i would have to if i am removing 2 o2 sensors

Reaction score
its showing a code now because of the exhaust..which is why i am trying to replace it...i did find a brand new catalytic converter set-up for $250..which is almost unheard of at that price....but if i cant get this entire exhaust system (minus the manifolds) for $200 ,id rather go with that

as for making the 4 sensors into 2...thats basically why i posted this thread..to find out if its possible lol

Reaction score
first picture is the setup that i have...second picture is the exhaust id like to put on my truck
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
tbi's dont have post cat o2's right?

Last edited:

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
so you would have to weld in bungs for the rear o2's and wire them up, sounds like a pita