Truck jumps when turning right at higher speeds

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zach Grossman

Reaction score
I have a 98 k1500 with a 3 inch suspension lift and when I make harder turns like 1/4 turn to the right at anything higher then 30 mph it shakes the wheel and kind of jumps. You can feel it in the wheel and in the whole truck. Only does it when I turn right and doesn't do it at low speed. Truck also pulls to the right

You must be registered for see images attach

BerHntr

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Mine kind of jerks sometimes when in a right hand turn, I think it's the evo sensor on mine. It's like all the sudden you get way more power steering assist than necessary. That might be your problem.

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
Have you checked wheel bearings recently? If the right side is really loose, it can cause those issues.

Also, Welcome and very nice truck!

Tom M

Reaction score
There is an electric Power steering assist module on your steering column. Down at the bottom of the column, is a bolt going thru the column. Take it out and separate the column, push the lower part down thru the firewall out of your way. That piece of round plastic you see in the upper half of the column you separated? Unplug the electrical connection and pull the whole plastic canister out. The module is the round part that you unplugged. Reverse order to reinstall w/ your new part. Just a few bucks even with OEM. I kept replacing tires as they claimed to find tires were slipping belt ply, causing a jerk in the steering wheel while at speed and clover leafing. They go out. I have had no reoccurring issue. Hope that helps.....P.S. Align the lower and upper halves of the column when reassembling, according to the formed steel It's a tight fit, when you get it started in, equally, it will go smoothly to line up the thru hole. Nice looking truck...!