Truck bed trailer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vervepipes

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Anybody build a truck bed trailer? I'd like to see good pictures, specifically around the tongue to get an idea of how to build mine. I've seen plenty of pictures online, but only a few focusing on where the frame was bent, and how the tongue was constructed. I'm stripping down a truck I got for free and turning it into a trailer, all that's left is to remove the cab, cut the frame off and weld in a tongue. The truck is fitting quite nicely into the box, I think I may be able to get the entire truck in there(minus the non metal parts that have no scrap metal value, some parts that are being sold and there was no engine/tranny in the truck when I got it, so I don't think it'll be too heavy. Worse case I'll do 2 trips to the scrap yard.

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Anybody build a truck bed trailer? I'd like to see good pictures, specifically around the tongue to get an idea of how to build mine. I've seen plenty of pictures online, but only a few focusing on where the frame was bent, and how the tongue was constructed. I'm stripping down a truck I got for free and turning it into a trailer, all that's left is to remove the cab, cut the frame off and weld in a tongue. The truck is fitting quite nicely into the box, I think I may be able to get the entire truck in there(minus the non metal parts that have no scrap metal value, some parts that are being sold and there was no engine/tranny in the truck when I got it, so I don't think it'll be too heavy. Worse case I'll do 2 trips to the scrap yard.

Is the truck 4X4 or 2 wheel drive? That will be a pretty big factor in the front lounge section in how it would be done!

Kmac69

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 78 CC trailer flat bed and ramp holders!! I will post some pics if you would like.

vervepipes

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have 5 feet of 1/4" thick 3" channel steel, I'm thinking what I'll do is align the channel tongue straight and centred with the box and bend the truck frame in, welding it to the channel. I think that will be easier to do than trying to get the angled perfect to meet at the coupler. A coupler for a 3" tongue is rated for 3500Lb, which although it will be a heavy trailer, is likely more than any combined trailer/load weight I'll ever use it for.