Tristan's 1994 z71 build thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Dude love your truck, looks AMAZING and it took work and time to build it, so if anyone hates your truck just ignore them, because they obviously own a ford ranger with no mods and they probably can never get a gf working at McDonalds. They're useless **** heads why did God even give them life?

Reaction score
Hey bud, love your truck inside and out. But just out of curiosity, how much would u say u spent? A rough estimate is completely fine.
I worked on my 2006 chevy for about 12 years and I'm still not done and I spend close to 23k dollars but it will depends on the truck and year cause parts for mine are more expensive then his, I still love those year trucks had one in our family as a child and used to love ridding in the front where the heated seats are, then it crashed and we had no choice but to sell to junk yard.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Dude love your truck, looks AMAZING and it took work and time to build it, so if anyone hates your truck just ignore them, because they obviously own a ford ranger with no mods and they probably can never get a gf working at McDonalds. They're useless **** heads why did God even give them life?
Calm the hell down.

NightRunner

Resident Junkman
Reaction score

That's...oddly specific...

NightRunner

Resident Junkman
Reaction score
Question: SAS in the future? Looks to still be IFS unless I'm blind. I'm also running on very little sleep as well lol

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
I didn't realize this thread was brought back from the dead. Still a great read, well indexed and lots of interesting pictures.
You will be happy to know he finished his SAS swap last week

ShadowRejects

I drank the Kingpin koolaid
Reaction score
Hey everyone. Long time no speak. Glad to see some people still keep up with this thread. Scott messaged me so I figured I'd update it.

The truck has since had a dana 60 put under it. Drove from Dallas to Angelton Texas to pick it up. Its a 1986 Ford Dana 60 kinpin. I completely overhauled the axle, rebuilding it with all spicer components, Yukon 4.88's as well as a Yukon duragrip (courtesy of Donz71) to go along with the Detroit no-slip carrier locker I have in the rear 14 bolt SF. Also topped it off with some stoptech drilled and slotted rotors, as well as some of the strongest locking hubs, the Yukon hardcore hubs and then followed it with a Mag Hytech diff cover.

Also did a u-bolt flip kit. I plan on running dual shocks as well as having a driveshaft made and getting myself either a BDS or Fox dual steering stabilizer. But as of now, it drives.

I sold my 20x14's for some 22x14 8 lug XD Recoils. Put 2" adapters on the back as well as drilled and slotted rotors on the back, and finished it all off with some 15" lift brake stainless steel poly coated brake lines.

I went with the ORD Sas kit (36.5" spring pad width, which clears my tires by 2" at full cut,) And temporarily tack welded some shock mounts to my frame to be able to use my old 5100's. I haven't had time or money to have a driveshaft made, as some amp steps are probably going to come first since my 5'2 girlfriend is no-bueno with 14" or so of lift in the front. I still have around 9ish in the back which will be taken care of real soon, but to be honest, the stance has grown on me a lot, but the ass end will definitely be coming up a few inches more soon. Also want to have it painted the factory color and fix some of the imperfections. But as of now, I can drive it. and Im happy about just that.

Figured Id share some pictures I took of it the other day. Its nice to be able to post on here and update this thread. Life has caught up to me and honestly its hard to find some free time on my PC unless im doing class work. Anyways, ENJOY!!

You must be registered for see images attach