TripleL40's '88 K1500 Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
Not sure how I missed this, but looking good! Digging the Cat-eye styled grille! What did you have in mind for paint on this thing? I think a flat bed would look killer as well;

Triplel40

Gear Jammer
Reaction score
Not sure how I missed this, but looking good! Digging the Cat-eye styled grille! What did you have in mind for paint on this thing? I think a flat bed would look killer as well;

Was planning on a dark metalflake maroon for the paint, and maybe from the bump-strip-down painted black. Not 100% on the black yet. Also not 100% sure about the flatbed anymore either, have some ideas floating around. Just picked up some H2's for it though so I'm stoked! Just gotta find some Chevy center caps for them!

You must be registered for see images attach

gstubbz

Hi I'm Gavin and I have an OBSession
Reaction score
My dodge has H2 rims on it, you actually have to mill out the center to make them fit since GM had a smaller hub, and the Dodge hubcaps fit over them nicely! I like them as well as PYO rims for being stock and if I could find another set I'd buy them for one of my bowties. Not obnoxious with 20s or anything.

BubbaGump

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice to see you working hard to keep your truck going. Too many people out there in the world just throw 'em away.

Triplel40

Gear Jammer
Reaction score
Small update but a big one for me. Finally replaced the poor worn out HM290 with a 94 granny low NV4500 I snagged for $200. Also swapped all of the clutch hydraulics over from the 94 because there was a crack in my clutch line that was constantly drawing air and having to be bled. For the first time in years this truck is easy to drive again haha.

If anyone wants a HM290 with 340K miles on it I'm your guy! Only worn out synchros on 2nd, 4th, and 5th! ;)

Waiting for warmer weather to paint, just picked up a new clean bed for it but the guy dented it getting it out of his shed before I got there. I didn't realize how bad the dents were until I got home. Might try to iron it out and still use it. Luckily it came with a tailgate that's in really good shape and it has a good banner on it so might be able to sell it to get my money back.

gstubbz

Hi I'm Gavin and I have an OBSession
Reaction score
Your worn out trans probably shifts better than my SM465! And good score on the NV4500, cheapest 4x4 one I've seen locally is $1900!!!