Transmission fluid question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
man now i feel ripped off finding this out now. just paid for an hour of labor at a shop to basically do what you described....but full synthetic is better than non synthetic IMO

Don't feel bad Adam anytime you take anything to a shop to have ANYTHING done....You're going to be getting ripped off.

wolfden

Reaction score
Ok now the million dollar question...I was looking at the options on my pickup and it has factory option: KNP COOLING SYSTEM,TRANSMISSION,HEAVY DUTY HVY DUTY TRANS CLG SYS(KNP) and it has the additional cooler in front of the radiator...So now the question would a Tru-Cool cooler be that more effective vs the stock cooler??

Chris

OBS Fallen One
Reaction score
man now i feel ripped off finding this out now. just paid for an hour of labor at a shop to basically do what you described....but full synthetic is better than non synthetic IMO

Eh not really.

They make great coolers also bigger is better

To a point. Like anything else, ATF has an operating range where it's happy. Too cold and you reduce it's effective lifespan and performance.

Ok now the million dollar question...I was looking at the options on my pickup and it has factory option: KNP COOLING SYSTEM,TRANSMISSION,HEAVY DUTY HVY DUTY TRANS CLG SYS(KNP) and it has the additional cooler in front of the radiator...So now the question would a Tru-Cool cooler be that more effective vs the stock cooler??

Unless you do heavy duty towing, or have a high stalling torque converter, you really don't NEED it.