Transmission Depot, good?no?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mistaake

Reaction score
Add it to the cart and you'll see they charge a fee to buy with a credit card... how ridiculous. Plus, $300 shipping? Not a good deal.

Knuckle Dragger

Rascal *****
Reaction score
I'll be you can find a local place for less money. Everyone wants the the 4L80 now so a 4L60 cores are cheap. What are you going to do if something happens, take it out and send it back?

$300 to ship a trans seems about right.

Chris253

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I live in Omak Washington, I'm trying not to use the local shop unless I'm there to watch. I don't mind paying shipping or the fee as it beats the gas I'd be buying and the time I'd be using. I'm almost tempted to set up shop in my apartment but last time I built something inside, I lost my deposit heh.
If anyone has any recommendations for the online transmission shops thanks.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Another vote for a local place from me. I always tell people to go local for transmission rebuilds. Most of the major online vendors are trash.

Chris253

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There's only one local shop and I've already had problems with them, that's also why I'm asking for reputable shops online that one would recommend. While I'm aware of the risks of online shops, it's even easier to come by junk around here.

For one example, most recently I had my truck worked on and had the alignment done, and sometime during the process my skid plate came up missing. I mean really, thanks guys. Know what I'm saying? This place is definitely a ********

Chris253

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Another example, I had a different shop do the wheel bearings and brakes, on my Ford. Ended up redoing it myself on the side of the road in the snow. Yep, money well spent ha

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've heard some real horror stories about Jasper...

Is there anywhere around your region that you would trust? I'm not familiar with Washington but there almost has to be a good transmission builder somewhere within a hundred miles or so of you.