Transfer case clocking ring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

92SAS

Reaction score
There must be something I'm missing.

Any chance you could get a couple good picture to show where you're at at ride height?

Here are a few pics, all are at ride height, pinion angle is about 1&1/2degree up, and drive shaft at 24 degrees
I did do some grinding (not much).
Once again, In order to get the truck to handle decently on the street I had to add the 4 degree shims to adjust caster. In all my reading and research on SAS no one ever mentioned caster angle, I don't know why I'm having such a time with it?
You must be registered for see images attach

Cajun4x4

The Green Seal
Reaction score
take pics of the driveshaft at the tcase too and an overall pic of the whole drive shaft as it sits in the truck

i have 5* shims on my front springs to correct my castor and i had my 241 clocked up runing a 1350 joint up top and a 1310 at the axle and dont recall having near the angle your pics show

found some pics...

92SAS

Reaction score
Cajun,
I noticed your truck is an extended cab, would that not place the t-case further back?
I have a reg. cab short bed.
Also I noticed you don't run a track bar. I could not drive my truck without one??????

Cajun4x4

The Green Seal
Reaction score
yes my truck is an extended cab but that just means my rear drive shaft is longer than yours... the engine/trans/tcase/front shaft are all the same length.

yea i dont have a panhard... does it suck to drive, yea... did i deal with it for over a year, yea lol. if i would of had a panhard and a sway bar i prolly would have never bought a DD when i did, without those two pieces it made the truck a chore to drive

92SAS

Reaction score
Hey Cajun,
Here are a few more pics.
I really think I'm going to have to clock down or lower the tcase.
I'm taking the truck to my local park tomorrow, the have tractor tires
buried halfway in the ground (I live on the coast and there are not many obstacles nearby).
I can flex on those and check any binding issues.
Any way check these out, see what you think.

Yea.! on the extended cab thing, I realized the tcase would not be further back
after I posted.
and this is not my DD either but I have to drive it to the trails and parks.

Reaction score
i have a drive shaft like that and im still blowing them every ride.... does anyone sell them that can handle a crazy angle?