trans swap ????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

livinginh

Reaction score
Hey guys hello, new to the forums but not new to Chevy. I have a questionon a trans swap. I have a 1997 Suburban with the early year 4l60e, it has the famous 3/4 gear gone. I have a rebuilt 4l60e out of a 1993 Suburban, will it swap into my 97 or am i better off fixing the 97 trans? I went through your sticky but only talks about putting newer into older not the other way around. Any help would be much appreciated

__CHI__

Low Life
Reaction score
I thought they didn't make the 4L60E until 96? And 95 was the 4L60? I could be wrong,but that's what I've been told before. also,welcome to the site,i hope someone with better information than what I have to give comes along soon lol

livinginh

Reaction score
Anyone have anything for me? I seen one thread that looks like a guy made a 94 trans work in a 96 so its close, but I dont want to rip a good trans apart to find out I cant make it work. Out of everyone here someone has to know what I need to do right? Someone?

Eskimomann209

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Internal wiring harness isn't the same
93-95 would be ok to swap around

96 to about 99ish are simple to swap if I remember correctly
But newer ones start requiring different torque converters when you get into the two piece

I'd say don't even bother rebuilding
It's a gouge IMO
Go find a pick n jerk one
And slap er in

gstubbz

Hi I'm Gavin and I have an OBSession
Reaction score
Internal wiring harness isn't the same
93-95 would be ok to swap around

96 to about 99ish are simple to swap if I remember correctly
But newer ones start requiring different torque converters when you get into the two piece

I'd say don't even bother rebuilding
It's a gouge IMO
Go find a pick n jerk one
And slap er in

AND SEND IT!