Trailer Lights Plug

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
I have a rats nest of wires under my truck. Farmer had it set up to tow any trailer ever made! I have plugs coming out of my ears. Need to go under and tear it all out and start fresh.

shortchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a rats nest of wires under my truck. Farmer had it set up to tow any trailer ever made! I have plugs coming out of my ears. Need to go under and tear it all out and start fresh.

I cant tell you how many scotch-locks I pulled out of the back of my truck when I got it... that and some 14-2 house wire... yuk. rip it all out! scotch-locks suck

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
I ripped it all out today and found that NONE of it connected to anything! It was all cut somewhere in between the front and rear of the truck. Starting over from scratch at some point this week.

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
i just use a 7 round plug and then have an adapter i keep in the glove box for a 4 flat i use the 7 pin all the time but the 4 flat was only for my tow dolly so the adapter doesnt get used much but the adapter i have is kinda cool it has leds in it so when its plugged to the truck and you use the lights the corresponding led lights up to show that circuit is working its funny because i actually use it more like a diagnostic tool than an adapter its nice when the trailer lights arent working i can plug the adapter in and tell if theres a problem with the wiring on my truck or if its the trailer wiring

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

this is where mine is

Wagonbacker9

One string banjo. Maybe 2
Reaction score

I have a similar problem... looks like the trailer wiring was ripped out of mine at some point... however it is all connected to something.. no free ends, which has me ALL kinds of confused.

454ss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I decided to go this route:

You must be registered for see images attach

It has the 4-prong on one side and the 7 way trailer on the other. There is also a pigtail to retrofit it.

i cant find this plug on thier site, do you happen to have a part number off of it? found it on amazon!

Last edited:

JAW's

B/W Country & Amer. R&R
Reaction score
Ok so I currently have a 4 flat installed and pulled a trailer today and realized it is not working ( any of it) I want to start over and install a plug like 88gmctruck. What is the best route to go when starting from scratch and how do you know what wires to tap into? Thanks a lot.

Also, 88gmctruck, how did you retrofit your hitch. I am looking into doing the same thing.

Crummins

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Crummins

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok so I currently have a 4 flat installed and pulled a trailer today and realized it is not working ( any of it) I want to start over and install a plug like 88gmctruck. What is the best route to go when starting from scratch and how do you know what wires to tap into? Thanks a lot.

Also, 88gmctruck, how did you retrofit your hitch. I am looking into doing the same thing.

See my previous post, easy to do. As for the wiring get a test light and turn lights on and off that is what I did. It would also work if you had a shop manual or a wiring harness.