Trailer Lights Plug

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Z Long Bed

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
waterproff plug

I have to replace my corroded connectors at least every year. They are cheap, but it is getting old..:thumbsdown:

Has anyone used the waterproof plug like the one in the link provided? Or have any other ideas?

It was too late to call for prices, but I did send an email asking about the cost..

http://www.ezconnector.com/

borahshadow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've actually seen that site before. I haven't used one before but the only problem I see with them is that you'd have to convert your trailers and then if you needed to tow your trailers with another vehicle you would have to use an adapter or if you needed to tow a trailer that wasn't converted you'd need an adapter. I personally would like to keep the adapters that I need to an absolute minimum.

I guess if you tow the same trailer or set of trailers every day and rarely tow anything else they'd be good.

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
Most common plugs amongst the trailers I've used are 4 and 7. Personally I like the 7 because it's adaptable to anything. because of this I started installing this style plug on my trucks.
You must be registered for see images attach

They sell two versions, a wire it yourself and one that plugs into GMT800 vehicles directly. I bought pigtails from the 800 style truck and decided to go that route, so if one corrodes or ever gets broken I can easily swap them without much hassle.

As far as my rigs.... The 02 doesn't even have a hitch LOL. The 88's hitch was modified to sit higher up behind the bumper, since I can't fit a tire there anymore and IMO looks better than a hitch hanging down. It's tucked up nice and high so it doesn't get drug off.

The 99 had a 6-way in the bumper from the PO, but it was useless to me. I HATE plugs mounted in the bumper, but since a hole was there I put the new plug there.

shortchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
88GMCtruck that is a very nice plug... I like how its a sealed unit (I wish my work would install these). what Ive done in the past with non-sealed units is I wire it all up and then fill it up with black silicone. It makes servicing the unit a little more difficult but it makes the unit last longer (along with liberal amounts of dielectric grease on pretty much everything)

Crummins

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I decided to go this route:

It has the 4-prong on one side and the 7 way trailer on the other. There is also a pigtail to retrofit it.

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
That looks nice and clean. I found the plug in but couldn't find the pigtail??? I need/want to replace mine with this as well.