trailer brake controller info/help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

poncho62

Old Fart
Reaction score
All you need is the controller....a bunch of wire, a circuit breaker and a 7 pin connector for the back. If you want to charge a trailer battery, you will need a 2nd circuit breaker

You must be registered for see images attach

BTW....I would suggest a proportional controller like the Tekonsha P3

You must be registered for see images

BoxerPitMix

Chris
Reaction score
Hmm I've probably installed over a thousand brake controllers... and I've never once heard of Redarc. Upon doing some Googling, looks like it may be popular down under, but I really couldn't tell ya anything about it. I do like the cleanliness of it.
My recommendation is just go Tekonsha. Most hot shot drivers or horse people swear by them and I've sold God knows how many and never had a single one come back with a problem. I've also installed a ton of Reese, Draw-Tite... Any of them work fine for the average joe that only pulls occasionally.
How big of a trailer are you pulling?

If you're worried about the ugly brake controller in your cab - just wire it up so you can unplug it and take it out when you're not using it.

draginlow

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i love my Tekonsha P3. hull a 19' car trailer and 18' enclosed behind my 91 dually along other stuff. i have had a few in the passed and this one by far is the best i have found. just seams like it apply brakes smoothly and not harsh like others i've had.

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
Tekonsha Voyager here, color matched to the interior and tucked under the dash nicely out of sight, but easy to reach. Bracket I made mounts to the round tube under the dash.