towing mirrors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nick94

Reaction score
I saw a posting Of a maroon extended cab Mgt-400 truck with large towing mirrors.an ideas as to what newer models I can retrofit on my 1994 truck

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They don't have to be retro fitted, they sell then on Ebay and are direct fit. Just search for 1994 1500 towing mirror an take your pick....

banana cognac

Reaction score
Has anybody prepped and painted the GMT800 towing mirrors gloss black? I just think that flat plastic would look funny with my white truck and chrome simulators and bumpers. At least a nice shiny gloss black would set it off fairly well

Wagonbacker9

One string banjo. Maybe 2
Reaction score
Probably my truck you're talkin about... You can do it, but it'll be a LOT of prep work unless you're OK with a textured gloss finish.

banana cognac

Reaction score
Probably my truck you're talkin about... You can do it, but it'll be a LOT of prep work unless you're OK with a textured gloss finish.

I'm just concerned with the longevity of the stainless or chrome trailer mirrors being in the North East. I think the GMT800 mirrors would hold up much better in the elements, but I also think it would look funny with all of the shiny stuff on my truck. Did you do prep and paint your mirrors with a gloss finish?

Wagonbacker9

Reaction score
The all plastic retrofits are a bolt-on operation, and should last forever. Worst that could happen is the plastic fades over a decade or so.

I did ZERO work to them. bolted them on as they came. I see no advantage in the gloss finish personally.

Reaction score
one of my friends has an 05 duramax with those mirrors and he painted them white, they look awesome

Wagonbacker9

Reaction score
Keepin in mind that the mirrors on our trucks are replicas of the GMT800 mirrors, NOT the same manufactured part.