towing an open trailer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

silverrst05

Reaction score
Hey fellas im new to the forum. I just bought a 96 4wd tahoe with 112k on it and its an all around great truck. I bought it from an old man that used it to pull his fishing boat. I have an open trailer I plan on pulling my fullsize truck to the strip with. This tahoe is leveled with 33's. I want to put helper bags on it to help with weight and some more performance upgrades. I was wonder how many of you tow regularly with them and what works best.

891Ton

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
they are all pretty similar. The firestones work just as good as the Air Lift brand. IMO Air Lift is the way to go since they are a good deal cheaper (about 289 bucks). I run them on my 2500 and they are great. Timbrens are also a cheap alternative if you cant afford air bags. But with 112k you might want to throw in an add a leaf or helper if you are going to just run timbrens. They work pretty good but I still got a little sag with them towing my 5800Lb truck on my 3200lb trailer.

this is with the timbrens (little sag). pretty heavy load though. 9k. They do pretty good for just heavy duty bumpstops.
You must be registered for see images attach