TOW RIG OVERHAUL! need answers!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slowburb

all motor
Reaction score
I enjoyed the correct pronunciation of my hometown haha. did you use to live in NY?

I was planning on dumping the exhaust before the rear wheels, I don't know if this will effect backpressure being much shorter...

i'll look into the fuel pump on whether it has a check valve... I never thought about that. but wouldn't that just eliminate fuel from flowing backwards more to protect against losing prime? my concern is if it may allow fuel by from a syphon effect or gravity feed because my tank is mounted in the bed

Haha. Yup. I've lived all over NY.

You probably ought to plumb a fuel line shutoff into the system to be safe.

There is no such thing as backpressure.

Van Gui1d3r #838

Free Thinker
Reaction score
Haha. Yup. I've lived all over NY.

You probably ought to plumb a fuel line shutoff into the system to be safe.

There is no such thing as backpressure.

there must be some kind of science to it as sound tuning is only in the headers until the collectors and when people have dyno tested different exhausts, they have been capable of adjusting the tq cure with the proper sized exhaust..

slowburb

all motor
Reaction score
There is definitely a science about it, agree with you there. Backpressure is a marketing buzzword. Goes back to the go fast magazines of the 70's and 80's when everyone wanted 3" duals to be cool and lost torque by doing it. So add an extremely restrictive pair of mufflers to provide "backpressure" to change the flow rate of spent gases through the pipes.

It's known that dual mandrel bent 2.50" pipes are good for 450 horsepower. The difference between running dumps nrar the axle or full tailpipes is marginal.

Last edited: