Torsion Key and Block lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scott_williams2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey everyone I have a 95 gmc z71. I have 285 federals on it and they clear fine but I just want it to be a little higher for looks. Just recently a friend told me about the torsion keys so I cranked the stock ones up all the way. It now sits higher in the front. I was wondering what size blocks I need for the rear. It currently doesn't have any in the back. I wasnt to know what size blocks will level it out and what everyone's opinions on this type of lift are.

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
Get a tape measure and start measuring.

on level ground look at the truck how it sits now and measure between the top of the fender and the tire or ground. then lift the body up at the rear receiver hitch until you get the look you want and measure the difference. that'll be how much lift you need in the rear.

BTW, if you maxed out your stock torsion bar keys, plan on replacing ball joints yearly.

scott_williams2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Haha alright guys thanks I was thinkin a 2 would do the job but I'll make sure to measure it out and get more accurate results just in case. And I don't mind on the ball joints I just replaced them all last week it wasn't too hard. As long as it looks cool lmao

codyw20

Reaction score
I have a 94 ECSB with 285s and cranked pretty far but not crazy tight. The PO also but one inch blocks on the back and the truck sits perfectly level. But as soon as you put any weight in the back it rides nose high. So I really want a 2 inch block and that should be perfect.

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
I have a 94 ECSB with 285s and cranked pretty far but not crazy tight. The PO also but one inch blocks on the back and the truck sits perfectly level. But as soon as you put any weight in the back it rides nose high. So I really want a 2 inch block and that should be perfect.
If you haul often then throw an add a leaf in the rear then see how the truck sits.

Dixietruck

Reaction score
Don’t crank buy a body lift. As someone who was once on the I’ll just crank it they’re full of crap wagon. You wallet and truck will thank you if you just throw a body lift