Torsion bar woes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BIG_KID

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
im looking to install some different torsion bars in my 1/2 ton snow plow rig. Right now I have the "F" torsion bars and from my research are the second to the weakest bars made. I don't want any lift, just don't want the front to dip when I raise the plow. I found 3/4 ton quad cab long bed in my local yard but can't find any info on what bars are on it. Anyone have any advise or been through this before

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
Grab a fabric tape measure or a vernier caliper, the larger the diameter, the stiffer the bar. Stiffness goes up 8X for a doubling of diameter.

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
The scrapyard bars are going to be stiffer than what you have for sure. If the control arm bushings are toast, replacing them when the lowers are unloaded is a good idea.

BIG_KID

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The only thing I don't want is any lift. I'm afraid these might be too stiff and with my adjusting bolts all the way out it will be up too high without the plow.