Torsion bar relocators off 99-06?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BeatUp98

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone tried using the 99-06 rough country torsion bar relocators? Is the clocking of the bars so different it's not possible even with flipping bars around or using different keys?

Could seriously be a viable option since there's still no news about realift coming back for certain and I cannot stand the look of torsion bars hanging down.

I've been googling but can't find any info regarding the interchangeability of the 88-98 and 99-06 torsion bars but I'm pretty sure all the bars are 54" long and have a hex head of 1.5". Leading me to believe there has to be a way to clock everything and use an already available key to make it all work. Does anyone have any info on this subject?

Blue91

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Iirc the torsion bars are interchangeable between 1988 and 2007 half ton through one ton, if im wrong please correct me

BeatUp98

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's kind of what I've been reading just the keys are different and to run HD bars on a half you have to flip them side to side and front to back which makes me think there is a way to get the nbs relocators to work on an obs

BeatUp98

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rough country makes them I don't know if they will sell separate of the kit though waiting on them to email me back

BeatUp98

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doing some research on this it appears the rough country t bar relocators have to fit between the top of the lower control arm and bottom of the upper control arm. Still examining pictures but you may be able to cut the bump stop off the relocators and cut some away from the frame to fit them but I really doubt it's possible.

So the new question stands as to whether or not they are compatible with a knuckle lift instead of a full drop. Anybody with an RCD or Fabtech lift care to chime with pics of your trucks front suspension to see if there would be room to clear these?

BeatUp98

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
To elaborate on the full drop kit fitment it appears that the rear crossmember drop brackets all have these parts that branch out over the rear of the lower control arm mount completely blocking the t bar relocators. Not sure what the purpose is of these if its structural or not and could be cut off but I don't like the idea of hacking it up.

Cannot for the life of me find pictures of a knuckle lift for these trucks showing the rear angle of the front suspension to see how they are set up.

BeatUp98

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
For anyone curious rough country emailed me back and had considered an NTD style lift for Gmt400's but for some reason didn't go with it. Still in the air if you could modify their brackets or the drop brackets on a knuckle lift to make them work.