torsion bar key question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wagonbacker9

One string banjo. Maybe 2
Reaction score
hmm thats interesting, you going any higher with it?

Not until I SAS it... which may or may not happen. And if I do, I will do the minimum lift to get the solid axle under it. (2.5-4") depending on who you ask.. a topic I am researching at my leisure as it will likely be quite some time before it happens.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I already know mine are sagging since I can't crank it to the bumpstops and being an 88 I know why they are lol.

I got a set of 285's to run and I wanted it level but with it being close to the stops now, not sure if I should bother with used bars or not, was going to get some junkyard bars and change mine out

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i have to go get a quote because i was looking around on summitracing last night and found a 3inch body lift for like $160 and if they want $350 then id consider doing it myself

That is the kit WITHOUT front bumper brackets fyi

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought the kits with front only were 2xx something, I could be wrong, won't be the first time lol

silverado13

GEAR HEAD
Reaction score
I already know mine are sagging since I can't crank it to the bumpstops and being an 88 I know why they are lol.

I got a set of 285's to run and I wanted it level but with it being close to the stops now, not sure if I should bother with used bars or not, was going to get some junkyard bars and change mine out

id go with new if possible so you dont have to worry about any used issues

and i was just messing around last night trying to find random things and came across that kit, im really not in the mood to do the work anyways right now, i have alot on my plate as it is with everything else so id rather just have a shop do it and same me the aggrivation

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
have you seen new torsion bar prices? like 200-300 a bar, I think not. I'll do a solid axle setup before I do that or go with a 6 inch lift and then lower the back some or something.

silverado13

GEAR HEAD
Reaction score
nah i never honestly price them, i dont think i could bring myself around to doing a solid axle swap because it just reminds me to much of a ford and where i come from you can get shot for driving a ford

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
use a chevy axle lol. but nah for the high price of new t bars I'd lift the ifs stuff and make it level, or just find solid axle stuff.