Torsion bar interchange

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brother Al

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just an FYI: GM PNs: 15528957 & *958 are the torsion bars you are looking for and interchange on '88-'07 4x4s
(GMT400-"K" series & GMT800 series 4x4s).
These were commonly found in F44 & Z71 4x4 1500s, light duty 2500's (6 lug) 4x4s, H2 Hummer, and possibly a few others. See if you can borrow/use a Hollander Exchange Manual at a boneyard to cross-reference the GM part number. GM used the same torsion bars on GMT800's, but changed the part numbers.

People say you can use HD2500/3500 torsion bars if you swap them to the opposite sides, but Id imagine they add way too much torsional stress loading on the front suspension... Getting them in cant be very easy, and the same height/suspension rigidity can be achieved in much smarter ways.

GordonCustoms

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My truck rides alot better now since I put the GLs in I think my old ones where wore out. the hardest part was getting my old ones out. after I got them unsprung I had to cut them with a torch close to the Aarm so I could pound them forward. then kept hitting the key with hammer till the bar fell out of the key. my key bolts are half way up and my truck sits even which is higher than it sit with my old bar fully cranked. but again I think my old ones where wore out.