Tool carts for driveway repairs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

redfishsc

Tired of fixing lousy engineering.
Reaction score
Anyone interested in sharing ideas and pics for making a mobile tool cart for things like jacks, jackstands, impacts, wrenches, grease guns, etc?

The sort of tools you need for basic things like oil changes, brake jobs, etc?

I'm about to put one together and could use some ideas on keeping it simple, and what you've found useful (or useless) on one of these.

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
If your like me and dont have room For an adequate compressor for impats and such, the big dewalt 1/2 impat is the cats meow. That with a lug nut socket set are great to have. I usually do all my work in front of my shed where my toolbox stays so i dont really need a tool cart though.

If i were to have a cart for basics id probably just throw a wrench set, allen sockets for chevy brakes, misc sockets, extensions, ratchets, pliers, screwdrivers, lug nut socket set, and a good oil filter wrench.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I used an old housekeeping cart from a hotel. I found it cheap at a pawn shop, cleaned it up, put some better (8") casters on it and loaded it with jackstands etc. Worked great but I didn't use it often enough to warrant the space it took up so I sold it last summer.

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am doing essentially the same only i am assembling a tool set for my contractor style over the bed toolbox. I have been following the toolbox thread with interest and likely you could get ideas there too.

I want to be able to do basic maintenance in the field and that is essentially what you appear to want to do with your cart.

mars2878

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have welded s10 rims that I use as jackstands, when needed for longer term repair jobs. they lay flat on their sides w/ the beads welded. I have 4 stands made up (2 15" rims each), I feel more comfortable laying under the vehicle. I still use plywood bases so don't leave marks in the asphalt. if I'm using them on a fwd car, then I also use a plywood top as to not dimple their soft frames. I still use reg jackstands for quick jobs.