Too Many Suburbans

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TwoManny

Reaction score
Hi, my Suburban fleet recently grew from one to three, (two GMT400 and a squarebody) so I figured I'd join.
You must be registered for see images attach

I started with the square years ago, it's a K20 with a 350 and SM465.
I got the white one cheap a couple months ago, a 1500 2wd. It has just over 400,000 (!) miles, allegedly on the original motor and second 4l60e.
It did well enough pulling the newest one home, a '96 1500 4wd with rod knock. It's a TrailMaster Eleganté, but UV rays and neglect have significantly diminished what elegance it may have once had. It was my grandfather's since new and he's not in any condition to mess with it, so now I have three Suburbans.

I like the GMC grille.

Yes, Grandpa used to spend money like it had an expiration date.

As a kid in '96 this tiny tube TV was the greatest thing in the world.

My current idea is to take the drivetrain from the very rusty K20 and put it on the TrailMaster, but I guess that will be another thread.

Anyway, hello from Atlanta, where I almost got heat stroke the other day driving my A/C-less K20.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hi, my Suburban fleet recently grew from one to three, (two GMT400 and a squarebody) so I figured I'd join.

I started with the square years ago, it's a K20 with a 350 and SM465.
I got the white one cheap a couple months ago, a 1500 2wd. It has just over 400,000 (!) miles, allegedly on the original motor and second 4l60e.
It did well enough pulling the newest one home, a '96 1500 4wd with rod knock. It's a TrailMaster Eleganté, but UV rays and neglect have significantly diminished what elegance it may have once had. It was my grandfather's since new and he's not in any condition to mess with it, so now I have three Suburbans.

I like the GMC grille.

Yes, Grandpa used to spend money like it had an expiration date.

As a kid in '96 this tiny tube TV was the greatest thing in the world.

My current idea is to take the drivetrain from the very rusty K20 and put it on the TrailMaster, but I guess that will be another thread.

Anyway, hello from Atlanta, where I almost got heat stroke the other day driving my A/C-less K20.

Welcome, nice rides! Man that little TV brings back memories. I used to have a tiny white Sansui TV with a 12V cigarette lighter adapter. I used to run an extension cord from the front of my (at the time my mom's) Suburban to the cargo area and lay back there on pool rafts watching movies during road trips.

Yours was built into the console, lucky! :lol:

RlySlow

Reaction score
Love the TV - also brings back memories of the 90's lol. Raised by grandparents and we took a lot of summer trips and I had a daily 30min ride to school with my grandmother - so I got a lot of use out of my grandpa's self-built wooden tray/stand that he set up. It had arms that went down the side and under the driver/passenger seats to keep it solid in place, and a half-cubby that nested the small little tube TV /w built in VCR. all in the back of my grandma's new at the time 1997 Dodge Intrepid.
Watched a lot of Simpsons and Dragon Ball Z on that beast.